Ten Elevanto STYLES that a MANIPULATOR may employ to manipulate you.1. Constant Victim – Finds a way to end up as the victim;
Elevanto TIMING METHOD to see if someone is going to manipulate you.
1. Intentionally direct the conversation around and talk about yourself.
2. Closely monitor how long you are allowed to do this and whether the other person is paying attention.
3. If they do not let you talk for around 15 seconds, you have a clue of whether you will be manipulated.
4. The faster you get shut down, the more manipulative the other person is!
5. Are you speaking with someone where you feel like you are being lulled into comfort,
PAY ATTENTION, because that is the moment the manipulative people strike.
Elevanto SOPHISTRY METHOD to see if someone is already manipulating you.
Sophistry is reasoning that seems plausible on a superficial level but is actually unsound,
or reasoning that is used to deceive.
1. DANGER: TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE: Are you speaking with someone you instantly liked and bonded with in minutes?
2. DANGER: OVERDONE FLATTERY: Are you speaking with someone who took you seriously, respected your opinion and valued your character and personality? Plus worked out your personal style, how great they thought you were, your manners etc..
3. DANGER: UNUSUAL SENSE OF BOUNDARIES: The way they sit down makes you uncomfortable. Not a casual sit down, it is almost predatory and very close. No boundaries on subject matter; in appropriate for a stranger. And gets worse each time.
4. DANGER: DEVIL-MAY-CARE VOCAL TONES: Everything else is intense; vocal tone has a couldn't care less attitude about the conversation.
5. DANGER: SHUTTING OUT OTHERS: Downplays / rejects opinions of others nearby.
6. DANGER: PLAYING THE SAINT/VICTIM/WHORE: Acts as a saint beyond reproach whose only goal is to serve others. OR a horribly wronged victim who cannot be held responsible for any of their actions. OR a "playful temptress" who loves having a little fun if you'll look the other way.
7. DANGER: THE EYES: Intense, intimidating, keeps very direct eye contact with compliments and would smile in a very... weird way. Alluring yet scary.
If you tick some of these, you probably been manipulated to the hilt.
Elevanto U-CHECK YOURSELF METHOD to see if YOU are likely to be the MANIPULATEE.1. DANGER: The "disease to please'.
Send your request to our expert.